Modern Christian artists consider themselves gods, which is essentially “an idolatry of creativity. The point of creating a work of art is ‘the shock of the new,’ creating something that hasn’t been created before, or doing something that hasn’t been done before.”
[Robyn deGroot]

Feb 22, 2009

Super Speedy Days

It seems like life is so slow today... the minutes are creeping by... yet, my yesterdays allude me, all flickering away, dancing embers over a country campfire...

Flash! I am a child. Zoom! I am in college! Whirl! I am a mother...

Only minutes ago I worried that I would never be married, Only moments ago I thought that 24 was SO OLD... Only seconds ago I thought that my pregnancy would never end...

And I am astonished to think that my friends and I are approaching the ranks of middle-aged people... I am one of them, nearly...

So, tomorrow... Hold! Halt! Wait! I am sipping this day slowly and I am swinging in my hammock and I will not hurry up, or grow up, straighten up... I shall dilly-dally... I shall.


1 comment:

  1. Kacy. . .great to see the video of the boys, Wes and yourself and love your text also. . .

    much love
    aunt marci

    ReplyDelete