Modern Christian artists consider themselves gods, which is essentially “an idolatry of creativity. The point of creating a work of art is ‘the shock of the new,’ creating something that hasn’t been created before, or doing something that hasn’t been done before.”
[Robyn deGroot]

Aug 15, 2009

Blogging to Death

I haven't like blogging for almost a year... I guess I just felt that it was pointless...

Isnt it just like human nature to revel in all self-expression... I believe that all the blogs, facebook, twitter... everything points to our obsession with expression and creativity. Somehow we all think that the world is actually interested in our particular ramblings... I guess that is why I stopped blogging for a long time... It feel so self-gratifying to post something witty or funny or "profound". I find that my flesh always wants to play the "expert" game. I really do rely on my own strength and reason. I trust myself. Why do I keep repeating this same old thing. For example, I can make an impulse buy and totally justify why my kids "needed" this playhouse. I did what I wanted to do and justified it because it was on sale. I look at some of the choices that I have made in the last few months and although they seemed like genius ideas, I see that I was hasty and foolish trusting myself instead of God.

I just want to die to myself so that Jesus can live through me... this death is about getting out of His way....

No comments:

Post a Comment